Celebrating 25 years
enriching the lives of young people
“Children are counting on Journey Camp!
We need places that keep peace-building and cooperation alive. Journey Camp establishes what we DO WANT in our world. We absolutely must sustain it with our support.”
– Grandmother of a camper.
How to donate:
YES! I want to make sure Journey Camp can continue teaching young people of all ages about social justice and cooperation.
It’s people like you who make Journey Camp possible. Your contribution of $30/ $50 / $100 / $250 / $500 / or other is tax-deductible when directed to Traprock Center for Peace and Justice.
To donate online to Journey Camp, click the Donate button and make a donation to Traprock Center’s “Peace Net for Girls and Women”.
Make out your check to Traprock and mail to administrator Melissa Delorenzo
at 37 W. Gill Rd, Gill, MA 01354.
Your contribution supports all campers at all sessions of Journey Camp.
“We’re honored and delighted to choose Journey Camp as a project of the Traprock Center for Peace and Justice. We urge you to help us pull together as a community on behalf of local young people and their parents to make sure that Journey Camp will be here for years to come.”
– H. Pat Hynes, Traprock Board President
What We Are Building
At Journey Camp, children have empowering and supportive experiences that will serve them life-long.
- They learn the skills of how to talk things out.
- Their ideas and feelings are taken seriously by all ages.
- They have important and perhaps rare conversations where they can ask deep questions about life and develop insights on changing oppression.
- They dramatize stories of courageous people in history.
- They cooperatively create a village in the woods with stick houses.
- They use expressive arts to build connections and learn songs from many cultures.
- They have a relaxed place for laughter and joy.
Here’s where your contribution helps:
- $50 will cover art supplies for a session.
- $100 will rent an overnight cabin for the day.
- $250 will provide a scholarship for a 6 to 12 year old
- $500 will send a teen to the Moonseed session, a leadership empowerment camp.
To Honor the Campers of Twenty-Five Years
We are starting a Scholarship Wall
On behalf of __________ (name) we want to make it possible for another young person to be touched by the magic of Journey Camp.
Option: Add a memory or message.
How to add: Contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org